Thursday, September 3, 2009

Threads

I've been hanging on by a thread for so long that it seems my existance is fragile. The past four years have been full of pain, discomfort, and hope. Painful due to illness. Discomfort in my pursuit of truth and genuine love for others. Hope in a God who walks with me through great pain and discomfort. The thread may be stronger then I realize or it may be cut off today. I'm not sure anymore, I just know the fragility of life is not up to me. Not even sure if fragility is a word, but thought I would throw it out there. This place I am at today runs against all that I was raised to become. I was taught to be strong, independent, full of pride, perfectionist, and to lead with my intellect and gifting. This thread like life has taught me to be humble, insignifcant, and dependent on others/God. I realize that a single thread can only last so long. How long will my thread last? Only God knows and I am learning to connect this single thread to Him alone.
- Lee -

No comments:

Post a Comment